"W" Is For Worried
What’s not to worry about when it comes to taking care of your parents? There are concerns about your loved one’s safety, your family’s financial security, and what this new life will look like:
• What if mom falls and hits her head?
• A neighbor saw mom run a stop sign –she didn’t even see it.
• I’m missing work because I must keep going over to check on mom. I don’t think mom is safe alone.
• Where will the money come from if she needs to go into skilled nursing? Will she lose the house?
• I can’t keep doing this – I’m mentally and physically exhausted.
With no other options, families start liquidating assets, selling homes, and funneling all available resources into in-home or facility care.
We offer an alternative: our office helps families put in place the caregiving support that is needed, create a source of money to pay for it, and preserve assets for the future. Putting in place a plan that addresses eldercare issues goes a long way to lessen the worry that comes with providing and managing the care of a loved one.
See our vlog Caregiver #1 – Adult Child Caregiver and the Winds of Change.